Happy iPhone 14 Launch day everybody! Except it actually isn’t going so well, is it? As usual, Apple’s store went down ahead of the new iPhone’s launch but when the store came back up everything was not sunshine and rainbows.
Apple’s store was set to come back online at 5am PDT/8am EST, however for many the store is still having issues loading and a ton of buyers have already missed their chance at a shipping window that is even in the same month, with many orders pushed all the way to October already. Coupled with technical issues that seem to be piling up, what is even happa? Did Apple forget they’ve done this before?
Let’s take a look at some tweets from users experiencing all sorts of issues:
That’s a yikes from me, dawg. Apple’s store issues also seem to be leaking over into carrier’s iPhone 14 ordering processes as well – such as T-Mobile, At&T and Verizon. 9to5Mac have aggregated some of the more egregious errors plaguing customers so here you go, hopefully you don’ experience any of these:
- Apple Store checkout erroring out
- Apple trade-in not working
- The Apple Store Online “Page Not Found”
- Apple Store app: “Cannot connect to the Apple Store. You must connect to the Internet to access the Apple Store.”
- Carrier approvals via the Apple Store are not processing
- Some users are seeing delivery estimates pushed back after placing their order
- Some users end up with multiple orders because the Apple Store says the order failed, but it was actually completed
This is quite the headache, especially since reports have been expecting iPhone 14 sales to outperform those of the iPhone 13 from last year and Apple has known this.
This is definitely a pain in the butt but hey maybe next year guys – give the small lil’ company a break, they’ll figure it out eventually.