You may or may not remember my articles about iOS 15 developer beta:
- Hands-on With iOS 15: Top 5 Features I Give a Sh*t About
- iOS 15: 5 More Features I Give a Sh*t About
- iOS 15 Developer Beta 2: Top Updates I Give a Sh*t About
If not, check those out first to see if there’s any features YOU give a sh*t about before installing iOS 15 public beta, out now for everyone.
“The iOS 15 public beta is still in development, which means some applications and services may not work as expected and their data may not be backwards compatible. Be sure to back up your iOS device with iTunes before installing the software,” Apple warns on its website.”– Apple
You’re still reading. Good. You’re brave. As with all betas proceed with caution. It’s a beta, and with all pre-release software, come bugs. Sometimes lots of them. Be extra cautious if you’re installing on a daily driver. Always backup your device. Ok, enough with the lectures. I ain’tchurrr momma!
How to install the iOS 15 public beta on your iPhone:
- Head over to Apple’s beta software site on your iPhone and sign up or sign in using your Apple account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID credentials, sign up by selecting “enroll your devices” and agree to Apple’s terms.
- After signing in, you’ll see a main screen that’s a Guide for Public Betas. Choose your poison. Click on iOS for an iPhone install or or iPadOS if you’re installing on an iPad.
- Read through Apple’s beta info and warning carefully then under the “Get Started” subheading click on “enroll your device.”
- Scroll down and click on the “Download profile” button.
- You will see a popup that says the website is trying to download a configuration profile, tap on “Allow.”
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device > tap on the “Profile Downloaded” section that’s located right below your Apple ID information.
- Tap “install” in the upper right corner of screen.
- Enter passcode and then tap “Install” again. If you have a prior beta profile installed, you may need to remove it at this point under General > Profile and redo the above steps. Otherwise, agree to the consent text and tap “Install” a third time.
- Almost done! Tap done and your phone will prompt you to restart.
- Under “General,” choose “Software Update“, and then “Download and Install.”
- As soon as the beta update has been downloaded, tap on “Install Now” to get it set up.
From there, your iPhone will install the software, restart, and you’ll be up and running with a new and shiny iOS 15 software beta. Congratulations! Vaya con Dios!